Choosing desserts for your wedding can be one of the most fun parts of planning, especially when you get to do tastings! If you think you’d be interested in something other than a traditional wedding cake then discuss with your supplier about creating a dessert table or one of these alternatives that you can read about in my blog post here. Below are some questions that you may want to ask potential cake designers:
· What types of cake flavours, icing and fillings do you offer?
· Do you offer other desserts such as cheesecakes, cookies, dessert buffets, pies or favours?
· Will you reserve my wedding date until we finish tastings?
· Do you offer complimentary tastings?
· How many years have you been in business?
· Have you delivered to our venue before?
· Can we see photos of cakes and desserts you have created?
· Have you ever had a cake disaster and how did you handle it?
· How far in advance do we need to decide on what type of cake to have?
· Can you create a sketch of the cake for us to review?
· Are your wedding cakes fresh or frozen?
Pricing and Confirmation
· How do you price your cakes?
· What type of deposit is required and what is the schedule of payments?
· What is the cake delivery and setup fee?
· Do you have cake stands, serving pieces or cupcake stands available for rent? If so, what is the rental and return policy?
As part of my full and partial planning packages I will liaise with all your suppliers, including cake designers and dessert suppliers, taking the stress away from you so you can enjoy the fun of attending tastings and having a beautifully created cake on the day, you can find out more about my services here. To discuss further and find out how I can help you, visit leaholiviaweddings.com or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org