Updated: Jun 16, 2020
Some Stylists with offer both hair and makeup services, or will specialise in just one. You’ll need to consider how long you have in the morning to get ready and how many people will be wanting to use the services of a Stylist (bridesmaids, mother of the bride…). I’d strongly advise having a trial run before your wedding to make sure you’re happy with their work.
Make sure you have a good understanding of the quality of your potential Hair and Makeup Artist’s work and ask to see evidence of the style of work they produce.
· How long have you been in business?
· What is your training and background in hair and/or makeup?
· Can I see samples of your work from weddings?
· Where do you provide your services?
Onsite at your home, the venue or hotel where you’re getting ready or do they only provide their services in their salon?
The below questions are all about understanding the Stylist’s capabilities and whether they’ll be able to work within your time limit and whether you’ll need to hire additional stylists.
· · How much time do you need on the wedding day?
· What size part can you accommodate on the wedding day?
· Do you bring any assistants with you?
· Do you have a backup stylist available of you are unable to work at the last minute on the day of the wedding?
· Do you have specific packages and pricing for weddings?
· Will you stay at the wedding and do touch-ups throughout the day? What is the cost of this?
· What brands of products do you use?
· Do you sell or rep any of the products that you use?
· Can you do… (specific style you’re interested in, such as airbrush makeup)?
· How do you recommend that brides keep their makeup fresh throughout the day?
· Can we do a trial run for hair and/or makeup?
· What is the cost for this?
· Will the person doing the trial run be the same person on the wedding day?
As part of my planning packages, I will recommend and liaise with all your suppliers, including hair and makeup artists, taking the stress away from you so you can relax and enjoy your wedding day, you can find out more about my service here. To discuss further and find out how I can help you, visit leaholiviaweddings.com or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.